Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Nate's Mates



Most of our team- minus Nate since we couldn't get him to stand still!

I am completely overwhelmed.  I'm overwhelmed by all of the love and support I felt on Sunday at the CASANA walk for Nathan and children with Apraxia. It took everything I had to not burst into tears multiple times during the course of the day.

I'm sure most of you who follow my blog (or are friends with me on Facebook) know that Sunday was the Apraxia walk/5K at Osborne Park in Huron.  This is the second year that we participated in the 5K/Walk for Apraxia.  Last year, we decided to keep it small since Nathan had just received his diagnosis, but this year we decided to go all out and make it huge.  And HUGE it was!  We had 61 people officially registered on our team for Nate's Mates.  Due to some extenuating circumstances a few people weren't able to make it to the actual race (that's OK!), and I believe we had about 55 people there to support Nathan.  Our team, Nate's Mates raised $3,075 for CASANA.

The generosity that people showed during my fundraising efforts was unbelievable.  Donations to CASANA and Nate's Mates came from people I see on a daily basis, people I haven't seen in years,  people I have met only once in my life, and people I've never met at all.  Matt and I appreciate every one's willingness to support a cause that is so near and dear to our hearts.

The day of the walk/5K was so moving.  There were about 250 people there to support loved ones who are battling Apraxia.  Our team of 50-some people was a huge presence at the park.  It is so obvious that people care about and love Nathan and our family, and I am so thankful for all the love and support that my friends and family have given us over the past 7 years.



Here are some pictures taken at the event :

Nathan- all for you buddy :-)

Sara, (Uncle) Nick, (Aunt) Kristen, & Nate

The Kanengeiser Family

Proud parents
Nate's biggest fans




Nate's favorite teachers- Mr. Frederick (and his girls) & Mr. E

Grandpa, Oma, Karen, & Doug


Denise and Evan

Some of our team members


No comments:

Post a Comment