Thursday, June 7, 2012

How Can I Help?

In the past many wonderful people have asked me "how can I help?"  I don't have much of an answer when that question is posed.  My dream answer would consist of several things:

"You can help my child speak"
"You can pay for his speech therapy"
"You can come over a few times a week help me out by watching my boys so that I can have 10 minutes of peace and quiet"

I know that these aren't feasible responses, so here's what I'm answering now.

Each year CASANA (Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association of North America) has walks and 5Ks to raise money for research, grants, programs, webinars, and other incidentals that help out families who have children with Apraxia.  

My family and a few close friends participated in the walk/5K last year, and I would love to have a bigger and better team this year.  The walk is on Sunday, September 30 in Huron.  It's a very uplifting and inspiring walk/run.  I have met so many families who have shared the challenges and successes of having a child with Apraxia.  

What I'm asking of all of you wonderful and caring people that I know is to come and participate in the walk/run on September 30.  Join our team- Nate's Mates, and show your support for Nate and all of the other children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech.

If you aren't able to participate, and would like to make a donation, that would also be very much appreciated.  The link to the walk/run website is

http://www.apraxia-kids.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1012293

Our team name is Nate's Mates.  When you join our team you'll not only get the satisfaction of helping children to find their voices, but you'll also get an adorable Nate's Mates t-shirt to wear during the walk.

Thank you so much for your love and support. 










No comments:

Post a Comment