Monday, June 4, 2012

Track Star

Today Nate participated in his school's field day.  At the end of each school year, the kids gather outside and participate in track and field type activities.  Each child has an opportunity to participate both individually and with his/her class.  
Nate was able to run in the 25 yard dash with his classmates, as well as participate in both the softball and frisbee throwing contest.  

When Nate came home from school today, the first thing I saw was a beautiful blue ribbon pinned to his t-shirt.  Since Nate isn't able to answer my "WOW, what did you take first place in?" question, I emailed his intervention teacher.  I was told by his teacher that he wasn't 100% sure which event he got the ribbon in, but he did a FANTASTIC job at field day.  

I'm doing a little more investigating right now and I'll post and update when I find out what event you'll see him in at the 2024 Olympic Games.

I'm so proud of my biggest monster and his FIRST PLACE RIBBON!!!


1 comment: